ABBOTSFORD HOUSE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Abbotsford is a Grade A listed building designed and built by Sir Walter Scott (1771 -1832) on the banks of the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders. In May 2004 the last of Sir Walter Scott’s direct descendants to occupy the House died and it is now in the hands of the Abbotsford Trust.
Jura Consultants supported the Abbotsford Trust in the development of a project which has transformed the site into a world class heritage attraction. The project involved the delivery of a new visitor reception building (incorporating café, retail and introductory exhibition), enhanced interpretation, conservation works to the collections and historic buildings, landscape improvements, and high quality self-catering guest accommodation in the part of the house.
With support from the Scottish Government, Scottish Borders Council, Historic Scotland and Scottish Enterprise the project attracted some £9million of funding. Jura Consultants commenced work with the Trust in 2007 supporting the development of the HLF Application materials. Since then Jura Consultants project managed the development of both the Round 1 and Round 2 HLF applications. We also prepared a detailed Business Plan and developed the Activity Plan for the project.